Best 6.5" (co-ax/comp.) 150-250$

Participant count
  • Participant list

cmartinez73

CarAudio.com Recruit
Im lookin to replace my door speakers on my 07 civic, what are the best 6.5s for the 150-250 price range.
I just got memphis ms62 for the rears and think they sound great but crutchfeild says it dont fit but it should, cant i just order the install equipment anyways?
pairing it with 2 skar sdr12s for now and memphis ms62 rears
(id rather not spend more but will do 300 if its worth)

The diameter is not the issue, it's the depth. If you;re going to mount them to the outside of the door, using the grills, the depth can be addressed with a 1" spacer ring. Since you have the rears, then it would be wise to get some speaker rings and the same drivers up front.

If you cannot do that, these are very good slims from CDT (they are 2 ohms too, a power plus if your amp is stable at 2 ohms)

Decent

Spacer rings that tilt the drivers up a bit for better sound

Last edited:
not sure what is the Best, as most have theyre own listening experiences. For me, I like Polk MM series components and theyre Coax. as well as theyre DB series on amplified power. CDT HD series are some of my favorites a s well. Image Dynamics sound fantastic,and Infinity Kappas.

not sure what is the Best, as most have theyre own listening experiences. For me, I like Polk MM series components and theyre Coax. as well as theyre DB series on amplified power. CDT HD series are some of my favorites a s well. Image Dynamics sound fantastic,and Infinity Kappas.
thanks! ill def loook into those in the future

These are some really great sounding speakers as well for the $
Ive also swapped the tweeters with some CDT DRT25 tweets and sound great on some power

These are some really great sounding speakers as well for the $
Ive also swapped the tweeters with some CDT DRT25 tweets and sound great on some power

ok thanks ill look at those to but if i already whent with memphis ms62 in the rear so i decided to go ahead and match the fronts. Do you know anything about the memphis speakers whats ur opinion?

ok thanks ill look at those to but if i already whent with memphis ms62 in the rear so i decided to go ahead and match the fronts. Do you know anything about the memphis speakers whats ur opinion?
The Polks, the Kappas are great speakers and the Memphis units you have are good too. In your situation, keeping with the same dome material is important as mixing tweeter dome compositions is not recommended. One could get away with say two similar but different brands of silk or alloy domes, but not a fan of mixing metal and materials, just a lot of differences in timbre to overcome.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...