2006 Honda Element: Return to DD status

Participant count
  • Participant list

GoldCountryCA

CarAudio.com Recruit
IMG_1052.jpeg

We are selling one of our new cars because our needs are changing; one of us will be driving much less. I have a 2006 Honda Element that’s been non op’d for quite some time. Looking to get it back on the road.

My wife and I will be stripping it down, applying some deadener, and adding new audio components. The factory system is a seven speaker system including four 6.5” door speakers, two 1” a-pillar tweeters and a 6-3/4” subwoofer.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but so far this is what I’m leaning towards:

Head unit — Sony
IMG_1049.png

Sub — kicker or jl 6.75, heck maybe even Gately again
IMG_1046.png

-or-
IMG_1047.png

Components — looking at the Polk audios because the tweeter will fit without modifying A-pillar. Possible go with CDT if my Ram build turns out okay after tuning…
IMG_1050.png

Build Photo
  1. Okay
Last edited:
I would suggest adding an amplifier to the system to serve any justice out of the performance. What is your budget?
i would recommend the MM series up front and the DB Coax for the rear doors. the JL sub seems nice and will serve fine with some fill for the sub cavity. MNaybe look at a 5 ch? or a small 4 ch and a small 400+ sub amp? Get the Big 3 done for sure will help that vehicle. You will be better off buying the wiring for the big3 and doing yourself as the Alt sits low underneath,and be cheaper to do yourself. Id recommend the plastic baffles like Xscorpians for the front doors. Youll need a dremel or ? to doo some plastic cutting where the front door speakers sit to remove some space to fit the new speakers. I did a couple of these in the past and CRVs

A single ported 10" enclosure would serve so much better. 400 rms+ sub rear port rear. It will sound so much better and perform better

Those are some Great vehicles. Ive always wanted one myself. Ive seen a few with more than 400k on them.The front suspension is about the only thing I can think of that usually needs attention/work.

I would look for the features needed on the HU/head Unit wanted/needed, but also look for 4v+ on the RCA output for a cleaner and better signal,and maybe Low pass high pass filtering

What Id put in there myself
Front speakers

Rear speakers

Sub

Amplifier
That would be the min. Id do without doing more power on sub stage and doing a different sub and a Glue and screw enclosure from GP Audio

Looks like Stinger has a Downfire or can even be place sub rear port rear bolted down for a decent price, and has decent reviews? something to take a look at for sub stage/ looks like 30Htz on up

Just some suggestions Im throwing out there for the$ that should serve well for the money spent. An American Bass XO 10 would do really nice in that vehicle in a GP Audio Glue and screw enclosure ported @34Htz, or look at an Aero-Port Concepts Enclosure off of Ebay

Just some suggestions Im throwing out there for the$ that should serve well for the money spent. An American Bass XO 10 would do really nice in that vehicle in a GP Audio Glue and screw enclosure ported @34Htz, or look at an Aero-Port Concepts Enclosure off of Ebay
I appreciate all the input. I’ll check it all out.

I forgot to put in the initial post, that I have some 5 ch CDT amps leftover. I was thinking one of those would work out. 4x100/1x300 at 4ohms.

My wife won’t likely want a separate sub enclosure in the rear. That’s why I was looking to sneak something in the existing front factory sub location.

Those are some Great vehicles. Ive always wanted one myself. Ive seen a few with more than 400k on them.The front suspension is about the only thing I can think of that usually needs attention/work.
I’ve always liked it. That’s why I’ve held onto it all these years. It’s a 5 speed manual AWD. The cargo space makes it super versatile. It’s getting all new suspension components and we will for sure address the electrical system. The battery is kind of small. Need to figure that situation out.

It’s been off the road since 2017, so we’re excited to get it going again.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...